1. Upcoming Senior Executive Board Best/Next Practice Creation Session:
Wednesday, February 17, 2021 (12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EDT)
Creating and sustaining the right culture for your company must match the organization’s mission, vision, and values and how everyone experiences it daily.
In this Senior Executive Board session, we will create the next practices on:
- How your CEO can evolve the right culture for the company.
- The best ways to create a culture that infiltrates the entire system.
- How Talent and HR leaders facilitate culture design to create a legacy with our CEO and executive team.
2. New Article from Lou
A blame culture manifests when employees pass responsibility to others for mistakes or lack of accountability. Blame cultures reinforce themselves when managers blame direct reports or lower-level employees rather than taking responsibility themselves. This article will address the top 5 ways to stop it. Read it here.
3. BPI RESEARCH:
A. Best Practice Institute 2021 Return to Work Study
In 2021, one question going through the minds of employees and CEOs alike is, “Is traditional in-office culture over, and the remote workforce here to stay?” We studied remote worker psychology during the pandemic. We found some interesting findings when it comes to navigating the future of work.
B. EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: FUTURE OF WORK ARTICLE: Finding Your Place in the Future of Work
Based on the BPI Senior Executive Board’s collaboration and discussions during our October online session and additional research, the following article will be published in an upcoming issue of The Career Planning and Adult Development Journal. We are sharing this exclusive preview of the paper just for our BPI Senior Executive Board members. Click below to view the article. Please do not circulate beyond your internal team.
C. Reinventing Talent Management Beyond the Events of 2020
This is not the world for which most of us have prepared. The arrival and spread of COVID-19 have challenged the medical world, the global economy, and global leadership. We find ourselves assuming decisive and new leadership roles that are just beginning to take shape.
Multiple forces have changed the present and future of our field. HR, Talent, and Learning and Development leaders like you will shape the strategy, frameworks, and disciplines to navigate the emerging future.
D. Best Practices in Large Scale Transformation
In a rapidly changing global environment, organizations become exposed to complex issues affecting a wide range of strategic functions. The regulatory environment, competition, employee attitudes, resistance, and reactions to change are challenges organizations deal with daily. Globalization and increased migration patterns in the world population add to the ‘stress’ businesses face, thus increasing the demand for strategic solutions capable of increasing company effectiveness.
4. BPI Learning and Development On-Demand (BPI L&D On-Demand)
If you haven’t already, make sure to check out all of the quick teachings (think TED Talk format) on the topics you have all asked for from some of the leading thinkers in the BPI Expect community. Just log in on the BPI portal to watch the sessions
NEW ON-DEMAND ONLINE SESSIONS
- Do You Make Courage Contagious? How the Very Best Innovation Leaders Overcome Fear, Doubt and Insecurity to Drive Extraordinary Value-Creation – with Louise & Merom Klein
- Change and Thrive: The Role of the Transition Leader – with Wendy Heckelman
- The Secrets to Becoming Fluent in the Language of Change – with Christopher Worley
UPCOMING ON-DEMAND ONLINE SESSIONS
- Saving Face: How Leaders Preserve Dignity and Build Trust – with Maya Hu-Chan
- Exploring the Top Challenges Companies Face with Remote Leadership & How To Overcome and Thrive in 2021 – with Tara Powers
- Stop Meeting And Start Collaborating – with Lisa Bodell
- Fit to Compete – with Mike Beer, Harvard Business School
- Learning & Training Agility
- Helping People Change: Coaching with Compassion for Lifelong Learning and Growth – with Richard Boyatzis
- Learning in the Age of Physical Distancing: Mobile Gaming and AR – with Anders Grondstdt
- Performance That Rocks – Jim Knight, Former Head of Training, Hard Rock Cafe, in a 5 part series
- Succession Planning
- Succession Planning in the Age of Black Swan Events – with Bill Rothwell, head of Penn State HRD Program –
- C-Suite Succession Planning – What Needs to Change After the Pandemic – with Jim Citrin, Head of CEO Practice, Spencer Stuart
- 5 Secrets for Creating Breakthrough Products, Services, and Solutions – with Chip Bell
- Leadership and Culture Transformation after the crisis – with Linda Sharkey
- Rebuilding and Transforming the Employee Experience for a Post-CV19 World – with Tonille Miller, Global Vice President of People, Culture and Leadership Development, Startek
- Growth & Resilience In a Crisis – with Mark Thompson, MG100 CSuite Executive Coach
- Crisis as a Global Catalyst for Transformation – with former Senior Executive Board member John Nelson
Lee’s 3 Habits – A System for Stronger Relationships and Greater Happiness – with Paul Corona, Professor of Leadership, Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management
5. BPI announced its new partnership with the Frances Hesselbein Leadership Forum.
Best Practice Institute announced its new partnership with the Frances Hesselbein Leadership Forum at the University of Pittsburgh in our Most Loved Workplace research. The 2021 list of Most Loved Workplaces will be published in the December, 2021 issue of Leader to Leader – a John Wiley and Sons publication, and the official journal of the Frances Hesselbein Leadership Forum. Here is the link to the press release.